Wharton CE Primary School Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
At Wharton CE Primary, we are committed to providing our children with the best possible start to their school life. Our curriculum provides opportunities for the children to build on prior learning through the provision of first-hand learning experiences. We endeavour to give our children the skills and knowledge they need for the future; giving each child the best start in life and the support that enables them to fulfil their full potential and achieve future success.
Within this framework, there are four guiding principles which shape our practice.
- Every child is a unique child, who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured
- Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships
- Children learn and develop well in enabling environments, in which their experiences respond to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between practitioners and parents and/or carers
- Children develop and learn in different ways, (see "the characteristics of effective teaching and learning" at paragraph 1.9 in the attached document - Statutory Framework) and at different rates. The framework covers the education and care of all children in early year’s provision, including children with special educational needs and disabilities.
Our curriculum encompasses the seven areas of learning and development, which are the Prime and specific areas. All areas are important and inter-linked, and are particularly important for building a foundation for children’s learning.
The prime areas of learning are:
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
The specific areas of learning are:
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
PSHE EYFS Overview:
PSHE Progression Map - EYFS to Year 6:
T Theology R Relationships A Attitude and Aspirations I Inspire N next Steps.
Train up a child in the way they should go and when they are old they will not depart from it. Proverbs 22 v 6